Moving to another country to study leads to a number of challenges that need to be prepared for. If you are looking to study in Canada, things will be easier for you as compared to other countries but still, the Visa process and other legalities need in-depth understanding and are better handled by a Toronto Immigration Consultant. At ACLS our immigration lawyers and immigration consultants specialize in handling student immigration cases in Canada and make the whole process convenient.

With its simple immigration laws and open-door policies, Canada has made it very simple to live and study here, but there are a few important points that you need to know as a student in Canada.

Canada Study Visa

Students taking short term course of six months or less do not need to apply for a study permit. Canada allows students to enroll in any of the institutions without taking into account if the university is designated or not.
For long term courses that go beyond 6 months, students have to apply for a study permit. This permit works as a Visa for the duration of the stay. Students of certain nationalities will also need to acquire a temporary residence permit along with the study permit. At AC Legal Services, our team of immigration consultants can walk you through the process and will guarantee a hassle-free stay in Canada.

Every student applying to any of the Canadian Universities needs to provide:

1. An acceptance letter from the University
2. Financial capability to pay the fees, living expenses and the return fare to the home country
3. Fulfill all the health requirements

Students will also be necessarily required to have a study abroad travel insurance policy. This has to be purchased before the travel.

Working While Studying

Canada allows international students to work on or off the campus as long as they have a valid study permit. Students are allowed to work for 20 hours per week while some courses may stipulate that students do not work more than 10 hours during term time, especially if the concerned student has been granted a loan to study in Canada.